Shopify is a dedicated e-commerce platform, while WordPress is a content management system that can also be used to build an e-commerce website.
Here are some reasons why you might choose Shopify over WordPress for an online store:
- Ease of use: Shopify is user-friendly and requires no coding knowledge, making it easier to set up and manage an online store.
- Hosting and security: Shopify handles hosting and security for you, so you don’t have to worry about updates or backups.
- Built-in payment processing: Shopify integrates with various payment gateways and provides built-in payment processing, making it easier to accept payments.
- Customer support: Shopify offers 24/7 customer support, including phone, email, and live chat, to help with any issues you may encounter.
- App store: Shopify has a large app store with a variety of add-ons and plugins to enhance the functionality of your store.
Overall, Shopify is a good choice if you’re looking for an all-in-one solution for your online store, while WordPress might be a better fit if you’re primarily focused on blog content and want more control over customization.